Fonda Lee is the author of the epic fantasy Green Bone Saga, beginning with Jade City, continuing in Jade War, and concluding in Jade Legacy. She is also the author of the science fiction novels Zeroboxer, Exo and Cross Fire, and two novellas, the Green Bone Saga prequel The Jade Setter of Janloon, and the upcoming Untethered Sky.
Fonda is a winner of the World Fantasy Award, the Locus Award, and a four-time winner of the Aurora Award (Canada’s national science fiction and fantasy award), as well as a multiple finalist for the Hugo Award, the Nebula Award, and the Oregon Book Award. Her novels have garnered multiple starred reviews and appeared on Best of Year lists from NPR, Barnes & Noble, Syfy Wire, and others. Jade City has been translated in a dozen languages, named to TIME Magazine’s Top 100 Fantasy Books of All Time, and optioned for television development.
She has also written acclaimed short fiction and been an instructor at writing workshops including Viable Paradise and Clarion West. Fonda is a former corporate strategist and black belt martial artist who loves action movies and Eggs Benedict. Born and raised in Canada, she currently resides in the Pacific Northwest.
GUEST POSTS & APPEARANCES
- Sticking the Landing
- We Can’t All Be Optimus Prime
- Blow-by-Blow: Writing Action and Fight Scenes
- Epic Fantasy: Let’s Get With the (Non-Medieval) Times
- There’s More to Worldbuilding Than Making Magic
- East Meets West: A Film-going Novelist Celebrates the Blending of Cultural Influences
- On Star Trek: TNG, the Green Bone Saga, and the Transformative Power of Fantasy Diaspora Stories
- How to Support An Author During Launch: A Guide for Family, Friends, and Fans
- The Case for YA Science Fiction
- So You Think You Know How to Write A Sequel